Saturday, May 9, 2009

“YOU KNOW.....”

Friday morning Ricki was in a rather downcast (and slightly prickly) mood. The good news is that I was not half-glued to my computer, and had obtained a bit more than the minimum hours of slumber, both as a result of my new resolutions.(No, I’m not telling you how much sleep. I plead the fifth.....)
So at one point, as she was trying her “best” to irk me, I draped my arm over her shoulders and said: “You know, Ricki, you could try to be a bit more pleasant, and I think it would be so much pleasant for all of us....”
It worked. She listened. And she was pretty good the rest of the time before exiting the house to go to school. She even accepted that she would get only one diet candy, and not two, fairly quietly.
Oh, a bit of love and understanding goes SO FAR. I have to use it more often....

2 comments:

Ria said...

Hi. I found your blog on Amy's (On a Joyful Journey) blogroll. She suggested that I look in her list to get more contacts to develop my blogroll. I'm a fairly new blogger and author of the blog Bill and Ria. I took the liberty of adding you to my blogroll that I am just starting. I hope that's alright. If you would rather not be in my blogroll, please let me know. Also, if you know anyone else that would like to be in my blogroll, please direct them to my blog. I appreciate your help in getting my blogroll rolling. :-) Thanks!
Happy Mother's Day!

My blog: Bill and Ria

RivkA with a capital A said...

good for you!

it is just as hard for us to modify our behavior as it is for them (if not more so).