Friday, July 24, 2009

The WALK in Jerusalem

Wednesday, afternoon, when I wanted to go from the house of son number 3 to my oldest son’s house, the choice was obviously clear to me. After sitting most of the day, I was ready to get some “steps” in, by walking the distance, an easy choice as the walk is only about a 30 minute one, and most of it is downhill
Suddenly, in the middle of the walk, I received a frantic phone call from my oldest. He had apparently called his brother to see when I would be arriving at their house, and had been informed that I was on the way already- by foot.
“How in the world can you do such a thing?” he sputtered. “Such a long walk, and in this HEAT!?! I don’t want you to arrive here exhausted.”
I smiled. 30 minutes is not a long walk for me today, and as for the heat? Well, as I told my son “Right now it is cooler in Jerusalem (and far less humid) than at home at even 5 am.” So I walked, and I loved the stroll down the streets of the holy city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Yerushalayim you have the heat but not the humidity that we have in the Northeast. It's more comfortable, but drinking water is even more important.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Wow, good for you!!!