Friday, July 24, 2009

The WALK in Jerusalem

Wednesday, afternoon, when I wanted to go from the house of son number 3 to my oldest son’s house, the choice was obviously clear to me. After sitting most of the day, I was ready to get some “steps” in, by walking the distance, an easy choice as the walk is only about a 30 minute one, and most of it is downhill
Suddenly, in the middle of the walk, I received a frantic phone call from my oldest. He had apparently called his brother to see when I would be arriving at their house, and had been informed that I was on the way already- by foot.
“How in the world can you do such a thing?” he sputtered. “Such a long walk, and in this HEAT!?! I don’t want you to arrive here exhausted.”
I smiled. 30 minutes is not a long walk for me today, and as for the heat? Well, as I told my son “Right now it is cooler in Jerusalem (and far less humid) than at home at even 5 am.” So I walked, and I loved the stroll down the streets of the holy city.


tesyaa said...

In Yerushalayim you have the heat but not the humidity that we have in the Northeast. It's more comfortable, but drinking water is even more important.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Wow, good for you!!!