Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Tomarow I’ll Get it Right...”



I went to a sale which was advertised as having things for speech therapists, but almost everything was for working at kindergarten level. However, I did suddenly notice a floor puzzle, shaped as a globe. “What a perfect way to reinforce all the geography Ricki has learned” was my reaction, and a sale was made.
I realized that it might be a bit difficult for Ricki the first time or two, and resolved to help her the first time.
However, after making supper, I saw Ricki sprawled out on the floor, working on the globe-picture. She was having difficulty, and had started putting the pieces back in the box. I explained that she was capable of doing the puzzle, and just maybe needed help the first time or two.
“Tomorrow I will get it right!” she declared, in an enthusiastic, confident voice.


And she did. I ran a few errands the next morning, and on my return, Ricki proudly showed me the finished puzzle, and she has done it twice more since then.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great that she did it without help.

(Word verification for this comment: emmet)

I am Harriet said...

Very cool.

Happy Wordless Wednesday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/man-on-moon40-years.html

ds.mama said...

I love puzzles. Can I come do them with Ricki?

On another note, I believe Shirlee posted an email you sent her to a forum in www.prayfortrig.com. She didn't say it was you but it sounded like you. She did quite the attack on it and I will be responding to it. I just thought you might be interested in having a look at it yourself.

rickismom said...

Thanks everyone.
DS Mama, It wasn't me. I decided that I can't reply EVERYTIME to idiocies on the web-don't have time. So if someone elsedoes it, I am free and off the hook!

Ria said...

That's good. Perseverance and persistence are great qualities for anyone to have.

Batya said...

I am impressed!
And I must get one for my granddaughters.

Lauren said...

Where do you find things about sales for therapists? (I'm an OT in the process of making aliyah and I don't know if I'll be able to bring all of my therapy stuff with me)

rickismom said...

Laeran, I happened to see it. I supose that professional sites have more.....
Every big conferance would also have sales tables out...
Speech things I sometimes order from England....
Toys are all different types are redilly available. But for REAL OT equipment, maybe check with Ezer MiTzion who the suppliers are.