Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sarah Palin, Trig, and the Press

Lets face it. Our press is anything besides impartial. And they are again on a Sarah Palin frenzy.

I personally doubt that Palin has what is needed to be president, and to get my vote she would need to get more experience... which means NOT resigning middle-of-term. Also, a president has to be able to handle stress, including the press. In addition, I doubt she will ever get renominated. Political parties generally don't like losers.

Now with all that said and done, I think that the press is being horrid. Obama's children are off-limits (as they SHOULD be). Why are Sarah's not? And what is this drivel about Palin (who went out on a limb and actually said the people with retardation are valuable citizens)promoting lead in kindergarden lunches? Take a sentence that almost any mother of a special needs kid will make, and twist it, make fun of it. Try your best to bring up Trig's Down syndrome.

In my eyes, having a child with Down syndrome will not get you my vote, unearned. But it is enough to get her mocked at time and time again.There may be other reasons.. in fact, I am sure of it. But make no mistake, a lot of the hatred she is treated with is because she was willing to have, and be proud of, Trigg.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Agreed. I'm not a Palin fan at all. She has been put through quite a bit that is completely inexcusable.

In some roundabout way I think she's trying to re-align her life with a new focus. She's starting to listen to Trigg's needs, and the needs of all her family.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

(I deleted my comment since I realized I didn't read the post fully)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could remember the exact details, but just before Trig was born, Palin cut special education funding to Alaskan public schools by 35%!!! So I am not certain I would sing her praises!

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. I have not been a Palin fan simply because like you I do not think she had enough experience for where she was potentially headed. I am afraid that she does have a national microphone and therefore can speak about Down syndrome without thinking through what she is saying and without having a whole lot of experience considering Trig is still so young. I am more concerned about that than anything.

rickismom said...

Joyce, I think she has been getting a lot of information, so I hope we will be OK on that one!

Annon.: I wasn't singing her praises. Knowing her record was one reason. HOWEVER, she (and CERTAINLY her children) still does (do)not deserve being Tarred and feathered by the press at every turn.