Monday, July 20, 2009

“Mommy, You Just GOTTA Come See This!”



I’ve mentioned before that there is a nice lady who comes once a week to do crafts with Ricki. This last week they made paper flowers to insert into a decorated jar (who is trying to pass himself off as a vase).
The final touch was a muddy-looking paint which, as the teacher explained to Ricki, would turn gold colored as it dried. The teacher reiterated her plea not to touch the glitter, and Ricki amazingly did not touch it, and soon became involved in other pursuits.
Suddenly I heard an exclamation from Ricki.

“Mommy, you just HAVE to come see this!”
As I entered the living room, Ricki was beaming. “Look, it DID turn a gold color!”
And it had. But what impressed me was her lovely sentences.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

My name is Sarah said...

Oh cool. I like it.

Childlife said...

Absolutely wonderful! She did such a lovely job and I can just hear the pride in her words -- well done! :)

~Michelle @ 5MFSN

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

very nice!