Friday, January 28, 2011

Bus Stories: 2

Relinquishing the “Single” Seat
A few days ago I was on a bus to another part of the Tel Aviv metropolis. The bus was full; nearly all the seats were taken, and many of the travelers were standing. So I stood next to the few single chairs which are on the front left side. I am used to standing next to these chairs, because two years ago they were the only chairs I would use. .(If I would have sat in a double seat, I would “overflow” it, thus effectively rendering the seat next to mine inaccessible.) I was waiting for one of the single seat occupants to get off, ready to “pounce” on any of the single chairs if they would be vacated.
Then I noticed a very overweight man was also standing next to the row of single chairs. And at the same time I realized: “He can not, will not, sit elsewhere. But I CAN.” So I walked further into the bus, and chose a half of a double seat to sit in. I am hereby relinquishing any and all need for the single seats…..

3 comments:

Batya said...

Wow! I'm impressed. Great chessed and a significant weight loss. Olam haba and olam hazeh.

belehcar said...

That's really neat. Congratulations!

Risa Tzohar said...

It is so encouraging to read about your will-power and weight loss!