Friday, October 15, 2010

A Flue Vaccination and Friends

Yesterday afternoon I took Ricki for her yearly flue vaccination, and she coped with it very well. She held my hand, but that was about it. Of course beforehand she wheedled out of me the promise of some ice cream…..
On the way home we met one of the girls from the class she had been “included” in through eighth grade. I mentioned to her that Ricki needs visits from her former classmates, and she was very surprised to hear that no one has been coming over. Besides promising to come herself this shabbas, she promised to get the word around.

Update: Ricki waited all shabbas for her "friend". She never came. How sad!

1 comment:

Batya said...

The social business only gets worse. Good luck with all my heart.
ps I've never had a flu vaccine... but when my father was here last year, I got him every vaccine available. He was the only one in the family who didn't get sick.