Monday, January 19, 2009

Magic Marker Monday



I posted last week about our trip with Ricki's nephews to the zoo.
Now Ricki has, if nothing else, a very creative mind. When I give her pictures with the assignment to write a sentence about the photo, she comes up with the most imaginative stories. They may not always be written in perfect sentences (which is why she has this homework... but she is getting much better)... but her imagination is tremendous.
Now Ricki usually doesn't draw so much. Lately I been encouraging her to try some drawing. So after going to the zoo, she took a pen and this is what she came up with:

She told me that it was a turtle. But I am sure the fellow has a few peacock feathers as well!

5 comments:

Maddy said...

We love combination animals too. I wonder if you ask her again whether she'll have invented a new name to match?
Best wishes

Anonymous said...

I could tell right away that it was a turtle.

Anonymous said...

Well if it isn't a pea-turtle! :D So adorable -- with an imagination to match ;)

~Michelle @ 5MFSN

Anonymous said...

I think it's great!! :D

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

great turtle, it's great that she likes drawing and coming up with stories for them.