Thursday, August 6, 2009

Good Morning!

To any readers who wonder what happened to me today, I am posting now at about 6 am (after 8 hours sleep) from the Rocky Mountains (in Colorado, USA). Posting may be a bit erratic/different times over the next three weeks.
Ricky and I are visiting my mother. The flights were tough on Ricki, but she behaved OK. During my previous trip with her two years ago, Ricki did not sleep, being entranced my the Micky Mouse cartoons on the in-flight entertainment, and when I tried to sleep, she elbowed me in the ribs. This trip,not wanting to arrive UTERLY exhausted --as opposed to moderately so - - I had warned Ricki in in advance that the "computer" would be turned off in the middle of the flight, and this helped tremendously. She slept for about 5-6 hours, and I got in about three. (It's not much, but a heck of a lot better than none!)
However, by the time we reached Philidelphia she was not in a good mood. She was being a bit nasty to others (kicking their bags). It was early in Phili and the time in Israel was already noon, but I could not give Ricki her regular dose of Concerta as it was too early for the time in Colorado, our eventual destination. And finding a KOSHER jello-yogurt consistancy food to give it with was also problamatic. (Before the trip I had searched high and low for an under-100cc jar of applesauce to take with us for this purpose, but didn't find anywhere! (And in Philidelphia half the stores were closed in the duty free, due to the early hour. We even had to wait onboard the plane at our arrival for an additional twenty minutes while they set up a customs/border control to accomidate us.) (I was a bit surprised at this. I mean, they knew at least twelve hours in advance that we were on our way....) But finally I decided that even if it was a bit early for mountain time, she needed the Concerta, and luckily I found a kosher yogurt for her.
On our arrival we went to stock up on kosher food, and set out for the mountains. There we barely staggered through unpacking, shoers, and supper before falling asleep. (In the end, I went to sleep at 8, and of course awoke at 4AM today. But Ricki is still asleep....which is good. Today we can start hiking.....

1 comment:

Staying Afloat said...

Wow- have a great trip. Sounds like you're managing the traveling fine. Re. the applesauce, you can probably get a regular foil-top container in if you explain about the medical necessity. But if not.. your ingenuity seems to be sufficient to get you anywhere.

Have fun!