Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Walking Story


Today rain was predicted for the afternoon, so I got out nice and early to beat the rain drops and get in most of my 10,000 steps before it became cold/wet/slippery. And it just so happened that I was a bit tired of all my regular routes, so I struck out towards the outskirts of our suburb, even though doing this would put me into an area that I normally avoid, due to the high traffic on that street and the resulting car fumes.
So as I was walking along at a good clip, who do I see coming in my direction but my friend who made a Bar mitzvah last week who had exclaimed “WHAT? A diet!” ?
She gave me a HUGE grin, said “Hey, you’re WALKING! Good for You!”
If she doubted me before, I am sure she doesn’t now!

1 comment:

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. I love it. A not so subtle, yet totally innocent, in your face. You are very dedicated to your plan and for that you deserve gold stars:)