Thursday, November 5, 2009

“Down syndrome Hugs”

Now, I have never believed this stereotype about people with Down syndrome being all so loving. If they hug people a lot, it is because society has trained them to do so (a rather dangerous training, too, I might add.
But Tuesday evening when I came back from a three-day retreat, Ricki was DEFINITELY the image of the cute, loveable, child. She hugged me, kissed me, and helped me with all sorts of things.
So of course on Wednesday she developed a bad case of the sniffles, a cough, and a temperature. Guess I better not plan to do too much stuff next week..... (Because for SURE I caught whatever it is that she has.....)

3 comments:

RivkA with a capital A said...

probably, but it is so worth it (says the woman who has been sick for FOUR weeks, because she cuddled her really sick child when she needed it!)

Batya said...

Maybe you won't get sick.

rickismom said...

RivkA, you are SO right (although the amount of hugs I got showed a REAL big need, I quess.
Batya, If I don't get sick after all the hugs/cough/ nozelet I received yesterday, it will be a prove that G-d exists (ie., an open miracle......)