Several months ago, I asked everyone to comment on what they would put in a time capsule.
Unfortunately, only one person gave in an idea.
So here are mine:
1. A call-in grocery store catalogue ( so they can see that we balance “junk” and “health” foods… it seems that we buy either these or those).
2. A vial of mountain air (there probably won’t be any clean air around by then….)
3. Some recollections of the space program. I suspect that 50 years from now, we will be much more involved in oceanography, which surely has greater and more available resources for man.
4. A picture of a graveyard. (The governments will probably not allow regular burials by then, either.)
5. A picture of a person with Down syndrome. Either we will have a cure, or the government will not allow parents to continue pregnancies with this diagnosis. (Sort of like China’s one-child policy.) So people with Down syndrome will probably be very far and few between.
Gee, this list is depressing.
Again, anyone else have any better ideas?