Wednesday, December 3, 2008

20 Years

Cynthia at Me and My Meanderings has written a post about her grandfather’s making of a “time capsule twenty years ago, which they just open recently.
My initial reaction was that most of the problems:
AIDS
Cancer
Rain Forest abuse
-well, they are still problems. The cure rate for cancer has improved, as has treatment for AIDS, but we are not yet on the “homestretch”.

That was my initial reaction. And in addition, terrorism has gotten worse.

But then I realized that we have positive things to mark as well. More accessibility for the disabled, less racism, greater lifespan and progress for kids with Down syndrome, and more.

Now I pose to you a question: What would YOU put in a time capsule to be opened in 50 years? And why? Because this item is so good? Or because you think it says something about our society? Either post here in comments or leave your link to your post, here.
I will try and post mine in a week or so, but only if you do too.

1 comment:

mother in israel said...

Anxiety and depression meds.