Friday, May 15, 2009

Homework Laughs

Thursday evening Ricki and I were doing homework together.
Thursday evening I was attempting to do homework with Ricki. I had been out of the house all afternoon (attending the graduation of my step daughter from nursing school), so the homework had been pushed off by a few hours.
Ricki was not cooperating. Her Concerta had worn off already, and she was being a pest uncooperative.
Suddenly, she got into a funny mood, and started making jokes. She started purposely telling me the wrong answers to questions, but always with a word similar to the one needed. For example, “Beit Merkachet” (pharmacy) was answered in place of “Beit HaMikdash” (the TEMPLE sanctuary). I joined in the laughter. About three of four more itms like that, and she “got it out “of her system. She then was a bit better about doing homework.
It makes me think. Next time she is struggling with some studies, maybe we should take an exercise/ laugh break.....

1 comment:

RivkA with a capital A said...

Laughter is a powerful tool. I don't remember to use it enough. But when I do, it is like magic!