Wednesday, May 27, 2009

10,000 steps a day?

Ibought a pedometer, and signed up for the Treppenwitz 10K Challenge. I bought a pedometer and had high hopes. But I haven't managed so far, except one day, to meet the 10,000 step mark. I discovered, as others are talking about 6-8000 steps in an hour of walking, that I log maybe 3600 in the same amount of time. And my house is so crowed that a lot of my steps at home are small/sideways, and don't get counted.
And today was the worst. I didn't have time to get out... just didn't. I still hope to pick up and do more walking, but I will be happy with 7-80000 as well. And somedays will be less. But if in general I walk more, it will be worth the embarresment of being near the end of the competition.....

2 comments:

G6 said...

I'm rooting for you!
The only embarrassment would have been if you hadn't bought the pedometer (like me....).
Keep at it.
It's a competition of ONE!!!!

rutimizrachi said...

I can't beat G6's comment, my friend. If we just improve our individual levels of effort, good things are happening. And the motivation we get from each other makes us individually successful. Take a look at that rainbow graph -- and know that even GoldenAngel's steps are to some degree powered by you, and by all of us!