Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Small Country.....

Israel is a small country. Very small. From my area (purple dot) to Jerusalem (red dot), the drive is only an hour plus if the traffic is good. To Safed in the north is about 4 hours (roads are less good, etc....). Much of the country is easily reachable by missiles from the Palestinian territories. That's the bad part. Maybe one of the reasons the Israeli army is so good is because we really don't have much of anywhare to run to....
The good thing about our size? Our soldier sons can show up at home unexpectedly, and often. Just tonight my son called and asked if his younger brother was home.
-"He's asleep...."
-"Well... Maybe you can help me..."
What he wanted was for me to look up tomarrow's bus schuedule for the line that runs near his base to this direction.He didn't say he was coming home, so I assumed that he has an orthodontist appointment or the like. But if he is in the city, and has a few moments, he will probably hope over for a quick lunch, or to pick something up
Now THAT'S what I call an advantage!

4 comments:

G6 said...

Enjoy the visit!!!!!!

rutimizrachi said...

Leave it to you to find the good things in small packages. :-) May Hashem bless him and all of them, and keep them safe, and coming home often.

rickismom said...

Umm G6 , I LIVE here in Israel!!!

rickismom said...

Sorry. I just realized, G6, that you meant that I should have a nice visit with my son! I didn't understand at first, because I don't count on it until he walks through the door!