Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Update on Stove Tuesday evening:

The technician came today, and fixed my oven (which was also on the blink), but is going to have to specially order the igniter part. At first he tried to convince me I didn’t need it, and that we could use an “igniter rod”. So I told him:
This morning I was writing on my computer, and Ricki made breakfast (without me noticing).* When asked later how she had lit the fire, she pointed to the igniter. Apparently she kept pressing it (it still makes a very small spark) until enough gas had escaped to ignite with a small “bang”!
So the technician acquiesced, and no more computers for mom in the morning, till Ricki leaves for school (or before she awakens…).

* She made for ME, too! Toast, and fried eggs. The best thing is that she showed concern for someone besides herself!

1 comment:

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

That's very nice of her to make breakfast for you!

But yea I would see it as important to keep an eye on her in that situation. Unless she would know to come ask you before trying something.