Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Terrible NO I DIDN’T moment

I have a “stash” of about seven posts (some really good, some so-so that I have been saving for the “right” mood and/or time to post them. This backlog has given me a bit of security as I Pesach clean, knowing that if I don’t have time to write, I DO have something to fall back on.
So last night as I was on the computer, I wanted to move them over from “Beneath The Wings March 09” to “Beneath the Wings April 09” So I carefully copied everything, erased (THAT was the mistake-why erase before finishing????),and dozed off sitting up. (I worked the whole day Pesach cleaning my kitchen, and was TIRED…). After a few seconds I woke up, and copied something else, thereby erasing all seven posts from my clipboard.
Oh, the sinking feeling as the realization of what you have done hits:
The Terrible NO I DIDN’T moment…..

Aye, and the computer is like the Golem of Prague, doing exactly what you say, not more and not less! (The story goes that the Rabbi’s wife used him to bring water from the well when Pesach cleaning, and her house was flooded, as she had not remembered to tell him when to stop…..)
Luckily I managed to find the temporary file and recopy the posts, but only after 30 nerve-wracking minutes that should have been spent sleeping! But I am REALLY glad I found them, as 3 or 4 of the posts are really irreplaceable.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm glad you found them again.I look forward to reading them:)

RivkA with a capital A said...

Boy, do I know that feeling! And it doesn't help when my husband reminds me that he "told me to back up my files"!!

Glad you found them!!

TUC said...

So post them now before some other dreadful thing occurs ;-) Can you tell I am looking forward to reading them?

Melissa said...

Hello!

I just found your blog. It really is very lovely.

I must be by to visit again soon.

Melissa

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

That's really good you got it back, I can imagine the frustration of loosing it.