Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Magnet

It was there on the fridge, a few days ago, as I was full gear for the last push to Pesach (Passover). The magnet read: “I try and take things one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once”.
I praised my husband for his thoughtfulness at buying me a magnet that so fit my mood. But he confessed that it was not him.
To make a long story short, I had bought it a year ago, and it had been packed away with the Passover dishes. On getting the dishes out, my son dutifully put the magnet on the fridge…..
It truly fit my mood.

So what can you do when “several days hit you at once”?
Remember that it is short-term.
Treat yourself (NO, not chocolate. A warm relaxing bath is healthier….)
Cut corners on everyday things:
-paper plates
-simple cooking
-pick up rather than deep cleaning
-use that food from the freezer that you made in advance just for days like this
Put on some nice music
If you haven’t finished cooking, and your husband is due home, SET the table, so he that he can at least see that something is being done about his state of hunger.

What are your techniques for dealing with hectic times?

1 comment:

Trish @ Another Piece of the Puzzle said...

Happy Friday! Just stopping by to let you know I gave you a blog award!

To answer your question, though, I usually escape into a book or make my husband and son leave the house for a few hours. :)