Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Special Exposure Wednesday: A Flower of Hope


Some people are good with plants. My mother is. My husband is. I am not. But I love plants,so I keep trying. And trying.















So right after the Sabbatical year finishing, as soon as feasible, I planted some blooms. My husband took them all up to the roof (probably for their own good), but I insisted that one be returned. His bloomed magnificently, and mine didn't. I got lots of leaves, but no blooms.Now, several month later, one morning, between the old leaves, a flower arose. Its a different color, but I feel that this flower is a REAL survivor! And for me a symbol of hope: try... try..... and try again.......

7 comments:

TUC said...

Beautiful flower and beautiful thoughts...

Sandi @ Life with Jessica said...

Lovely flower and such a beautiful sentiment. Nature has much to teach us.

Auntie E said...

One day there will be more. I have a couple of spots that looked like that. Now they are better. I think the birds more or eat the seeds I plant:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh! Spring is in the air and life is holding strong!

G6 said...

We all need to believe in the power and possibility of the survival of truth and beauty against all odds...
Thanks.

rickismom said...

The flower is already gone. Ricki decided to pluck it.......*sigh*

CristyLynn said...

I feel your pain. Many of my family members have green thumbs, and I joke that I have a black thumb of death for anything plant-like around me. :)