Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Special exposure Wednesday: Back to Down syndrome Soon....



OK, I realize that those of you who read me primarily as a Down syndrome related blog have had a trying time keeping up with me the last week or two. Again, tomarrow I can not post (until evening), so I am posting this today, instead. Hopefully things will go back to normal soon....
Just to give you an IDEA of what Passover involves (and how nice it was for me to put up posts anyways most days) take a look at my kitchen a few days before Passover, when I finally reached the stage where I could get out my Passover dishes. Passover is a TON of work, but I enjoy it, actually. (Didn't know I was a masocist, did you?) The counter are covered with tin, the closets lined with paper, and our temporary water supply pipe (didn't finish our kitchen renewal yet) is covered with new white cloth held in place with twine twisted and tied around it. On the right is my foil-lined stove-top.
The top photo shows Ricki playing with a toy lamb I had bought last year for the holiday, that had gotten packed away with the dishes. (The cardboard box is empty, having held dishes until an hour before then.)
[PS. to Jewish Bloggers, HOW did you have time to POST pics of your kitchens before Passover? I barely had time to take the snap!]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wonder how my kitchen would look to outsiders. This year I had a clue, since I hired a new non-Jewish babysitter 3 weeks before Passover. I taught her the basics of meat and dairy (she doesn't cook for me, but does serve food to the kids), and then, a whole newly covered and labeled kitchen!

Batya said...

What a lovely shiny kitchen!
Mine is pretty much back to normal mess mode. The counters are uncovered, all the faults and age lines for the world to see.

But we need help taking things in and out of the attic!

rickismom said...

Well, we put away the Pesach dishes by 11PM. I only uncovered about half, and said quits for tonight. The hungry boys will uncover quicker than me in the morning...! LOL