Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Special Exposure Wednesday and Fourteen
This is, I am afraid, just a picture to wet your appetite! Last night we celebrated my older daughter’s “chee-nah”, which I will be posting about tomorrow. Here is a picture of Ricki having fun with a “durbuka” (goblet drum) she found there.
• The number of days in a fortnight.
• In traditional British units of weight, the number of pounds in a stone.
• A number 'encoded' in a lot of the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Bach may have considered this number a sort of signature, since given A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, etc., then B + A + C + H = 14.
• The number of lines in a sonnet
• Also Ricki’s age!! (Today is her birthday by the Jewish calendar.)
She is “celebrating” by having an upset stomach (result of junk she ate last night at her sister’s “chinah” celebration--- hopefully more on that tomorrow.)