Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Knitted Vest—Do I Dare Tell?

Today’s story is one I have been hesitant to write and pass on. I envision all those nice new mothers of cute little babies who have Down syndrome reading this, and having their hair stand on end. [But then, probably they will tell themselves “MY kid will never act like that, I will educate him properly.” I have thought similarly in years gone by…..]
So what happened?
I knitted a lovely vest for my grandson. His mother (my daughter) left it on our deep freezer, and a few days later I discovered it, cut across the top by scissors. I was “floored”, and could not figure out why Ricki had done this. The same day she cut a blouse of hers as well.
To put it mildly, I was furious. Ricki got a large and extended punishment. And I carefully removed all the ribbing from the neck and armholes, and unraveled the cut part. I have since reknitted the top of the front, and am working at replacing the ribbing. But I need to hurry; winter is ending soon…..
Color me abashed, angry, and frustrated. Ricki is already getting help for her aggressive behavior; I hope it will turn effective quickly.

1 comment:

Staying Afloat said...

Oh, I hear you here. Very very much. Hashem should send you extra koach.