Tuesday, February 9, 2010

You Get Exactly What You Work For….

My step count has been down somewhat as late. And even more telling is that my aerobic walking is way down. Most of my walking steps are to get from here to there, and not my lovely walking paths with good lung-enhancing uphill treks. This is all due to my very crowded schedule as of late, in an effort to finish off outstanding things that MUST get done, before I really get started with cleaning for Passover.
And, unfortunately, I am already noticing the effects. On Saturday afternoon the weather was excellent, so I went out for an hour’s stroll. I purposely included one of “my” hills, and I could see that my stamina was a bit less. There is simply no substitute for aerobic exercise.
So as I get busy with Passover cleaning, which will be keeping me very busy, I hope to fit in some aerobic walking, at least 2-3 times a week. I hope. But sanity (ie, enough sleep) takes precedence.

No comments: