Sunday, May 23, 2010

Twenty-five Grams of Chocolate

Thursday afternoon I entered Ricki’s room, and she hurriedly thrust about 10 grams of chocolate into her mouth, and handed me one 25-gram square from the 200-gram bar of cooking chocolate which she had apparently snitched from the kitchen.
I quickly investigated, to see if any had STAYED in the kitchen, but none had. I thus deduced that she must have downed a full 175 grams of chocolate.
The problem is that this same incident, in almost identical fashion, had occurred the week before. Somehow, at that time, I was delusional enough to dream that expressing my displeasure would be enough of a deterrent. Thus, I repurchased a bar of chocolate (to have on hand for cooking), and had left it in the same closet.
Well, holidays are over, so I can postpone purchasing baking supplies. But when I do, believe me, the chocolate is getting displaced to a HIGH kitchen cabinet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In weight watchers there is an importat idiom:
Don't bring the enemy into your home!

With your diet and Ricki's eating habits - why do you have things like chocolate at all?

in the vanguard said...

She's precious!!

rickismom said...

Why chocolate?
Because I believe that even on a diet, there is a place for SMALL amounts of cholate on special occaisions, or in the end, people stop dieting because all gets forbidden. The need is to learn how to eat properly!
I DO keep certain high-temptation things out, but non-dairy cooking chocolate definately does not go into that catagory.....
Now that the chocolate is high up in the special rarely-used cooking stuff closet, I know that the problem is solved.....

tesyaa said...

Also, consider recipes using baking cocoa instead of chocolate. Doesn't taste very good until you bake something with it.

EmmaVerdona124 said...

LOL looks like she's a chocoholic hm? XD

Pink (AKA Lucia) said...

Anonymous, there is no need to be so rude to Rickismom, please. She has a very good reason for having chocolate in her house. And what she has said about learning to eat properly even with temptation foods (such as chocolate) makes sense. She has a good point.