Monday, December 8, 2008

The Puppet’s Hair

Well, yesterday Ricki and I were again at the puppet-class we were at the week before and the Sunday before that. Ricki wanted to make hair for the puppet. We were told to make the hair by stringing yarn between two legs of an overturned chair, in a figure eight. The every three layers, we were to tie it in the middle.


Ricki wanted to “go to it” right away, before fully understanding, much to my consternation. I tried to explain to her (“go in back of the leg, around, in back…”), but she was NOT interested in listening. Finally I made it clear to her that I was not participating, until she stopped to get instructions. Finally she did, and then she did a fantastic job.
Her streak of independence teaches her a lot, but it interferes JUST as often! Hope she will eventually learn that the pre-requisite to ANY task is to stop (read instructions)/ think/ and only then start.

No comments: