Monday, December 29, 2008

Israeli News

Beneath the Wings is by no means a political blog. There are more than enough political bloggers on the Israeli scene. But for once I do want to say that I am 100% behind the IDF (Israel Defence Forces) and operation "cast lead". I know that arab civilians will be killed, but if and when so, it is the very unfortunate fact that they chose to live and stay (despite warnings) near military targets. And if Hamas forces them to be there, may I suggest that they NOT vote for Hamas in the next election....
I do know that Arabs walk the streets of my town without fear. They walk in Jerusalem without terror. Israel never targets civilians.
On the other hand, woe to the Israeli driver who by mistake enters a palestinian or pro-palestinian area. He will be lucky to escape with his life. (My son-in-law was lynched by Arabs and was rescued at the last moment.) Hamas is already warning that attacks on buses, civilians, etc. will continue. (Not that they ever stopped trying...)
And the latest news is that there was a stabbing in "Kiryat Sefer". Actually, it was in Kiryat Sefer's sister city, Brachfeld. How do I know? It happened on my son's street. Lovely people, the Arabs... wish they would all go to &*%$^#%#^% (at least those who do/support/ and or are glad about terror). Sorry, but that is how I see things. Not politically correct in America. My brother will be upset at me, but I am sick and tired of all the terror here.
DIDN'T WE WITHDRAW FROM THE WEST BANK? Didn't they have a chance then to change and work towards peace? Has any country in the world thrown its own citizens (towns of them...)out of legally acquired homes for the sake of peace?
What did it help? NOTHING. Peace needs TWO partners. One is not enough.
Americans do not understand that the Arab culture and mentality is NOT LIKE THE WESTERN one. Polite resolutions just don't work. Too bad the Arabs don't give up this war. They could have jobs, income, etc., if they would choose to make peace. (A REAL peace.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not the right post for this comment, but anyway...

I was away from work for 4 days due to the nonJewish holidays, and when I'm home I rarely get a chance to go on our single computer. Not only that, our computer contracted a virus that effectively corrupted Windows, so it has to be backed up and wiped clean, so it was unusable most of the weekend (hopefully will be back in a few days). What I'm trying to say is that there are a bunch of blogs I follow when I'm at work, since I do have some down time, but I basically didn't read any blogs for 4 days. When I came back to work I realized I didn't miss most of them and I could live without most of them, since they're just a way to escape the boredom...but not yours. I read the last 4 days of posts and I enjoyed ALL of them. You are really doing something useful, and special. Thanks again!

rickismom said...

Thanks for the boost and compliment!

Leora said...

Sometimes you just gotta tell it like it is.

When we were in Israel last summer, our friends and family kept mentioning how the Jews need the fences, but the Arabs don't.

Yes, Americans don't understand. And a lot of Europeans don't want to know. My guess is you'll have more luck convincing (some) Americans than any effect on (many) Europeans.

Anonymous said...

I am an American and I am in complete support of the Israeli response to ongoing and prolonged rocket fire by Gaza militants. There are more of us than it may appear. Hang in there.

RivkA with a capital A said...

"My son-in-law was lynched by Arabs and was rescued at the last moment"

Now that is a story I would like to hear (read)!

Thank God he is all right!

rickismom said...

Rivka, as regards my (new)son-in-law's lynching, I only heard the story once, so forgot some details. It happened a few years ago. He was driving supplies for the army and made a wrong turn. (He had asked the army for a guide; he didn't know the way, and they sent someone who didn't know either.) They were stopped by Arabs, who pulled them out of the truck, and they started beating them all over. He remembers trying to protect his head, and realizing that he was about to die. At the last moment the palestinian police arrived and he was saved.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Wow. He is so lucky to be alive!!