Tuesday, September 20, 2011

“Leave Me Alone” / My Twin Sister

Ricki and I were on the bus today, on our way to Ricki’s exercise class. There was a woman on the seat facing us, who, on seeing Ricki smiled and said “Oh how cute you are.” Ricki rewarded her with a growled “Leave me alone.”
And I don’t blame Ricki. I told the woman that Ricki, as a teen, does NOT enjoy being spoken to as a child. And guess what? She understood…..

* * *

I was in a store I haven’t been to for a while, but where I am a regular customer. As he was ringing up the purchase, the owner paused and saidf:
- “You have a twin sister? With a special needs child?”
- “You mean the overweight lady?”
- “Yeah”.
- “That is ME!”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kol HaKavod!

Becca said...

LOL! Great way to make your point, Ricki!!

And fantastic job on the transformation to Twin Sister status for you!

Batya said...

Two great posts in one! I love the stories!!!