Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I Can Stop Blaming Ricki

Again this summer I have had the opportunity to go visit my mother in Colorado. (Thieves who have figured out who I am can skip going to my house; my husband is home 24/7.)I am enjoying myself tremendously and hopefully will have lots to share. However there is a big difference between this trip and my previous ones: this time Ricki did not join me on the trip, but stayed at home.
One thing that I learned due to her abscence is that I can stop blaming her nudges in my side during the trans-atlantic flights for keeping me awake. I wasn't able to sleep on the flight this time either. I suspect that the excitement of the trip itself is what keeps me awake.....

2 comments:

mikimi said...

probably your 1st major trip w/o her!

rickismom said...

Yes, Mikimi, it is!