Monday, November 19, 2007

Hieroglyphics

One of the problems that can occur when parenting a child with special needs is the daily necessity to ascertain what happened (or didn't happen) in the" educational setting". Luckily, my daughter's aide is very responsible about this, writing a tally of the day's events, homework assignments, and the like. To expedite this process, I provide a daily sheet with the class schedule. This works fine until the non-waterproof ink meets up with the rain.
Today Ricki returned from school, hand clutching a torn and crumpled paper that had obviously lost its war against the rain. The only redeeming feature was that the aide had used non-running ink (unlike my printer). On the negative side (besides the holes, ruined inkjet product, and fragile paper) was the fact that not only was I trying to recompose a document in a foreign language, but the aide has a tendency to write almost in shorthand. After letting the paper dry, I managed to piece it together and slowly decipher the messages.
Maybe I should volunteer my services to the national museum….?

No comments: