Monday, March 3, 2014

Ricki's Bed

    After Ricki died, her brother "Y" received her room. (Before that, as the only daughter at home, she had a room to herself.) He was grateful for his privacy, if not for the reasons that led to it. However, last year as Passover came close, Y and I agreed that HE would clean his room for Passover.
    This year, Y has also fled the nest, and since the room is largely unused, I decided to clean it early. Why wait until I am busy with more pressing pre-Passover chores. So for the first time since Ricki died, I cleaned her room for Passover……
   What can I say? It was boring as can be. No writing on the walls, no mounds of trash under her bed…..

   As I moved the bed and found one solitary shirt label there, I truly and sorely missed the missing trash (well, at least the "lady" who would have thrown it there…….) .

1 comment:

Batya said...

I love what you did to the blog. You've renovated that, too.
It must be so strange to suddenly find something that was Ricki's.