Sunday, July 1, 2012

NOT Waiting for the Bus


   I had a busy day ahead of me one day last week, one in which including swimming in the evening. (And I need to walk about 5000 steps to go and come back from the pool). So getting my 10,000 daily steps did not appear to be a potential problem. So as I left city hall (having attended to a needed task), I decided to take a bus to the mall where I needed to buy something. At this point, saving time was more precious than gaining steps. But as I reached the bus stop, I saw a bus of the line I needed pulling away. And a quick glance at the timetable posted on the bus shelter informed me that the frequency of this line at that hour was about 20 minutes.

    "HMMM " I pondered, "twenty minutes plus ten that the bus needs to reach the mall equals a half hour. In 35 minutes I can reach the mall on foot…."

   So I walked it.
   Being thin(ner) gives one an entire different mindset. At 150 kilos I would NEVER have entertained the idea of walking instead of waiting for the bus…………

5 comments:

Batya said...

enjoy the "new you"
shavua tov

Cindy said...

Congratulations! You're not only changing the outside, you're changing the inside!!

mikimi said...

I know what you mean on mindset but you look do much thinner than me. I can be walking and drivers will stop to offer me a ride davka when I want to walk.

Henya said...

Yes, that "thin mindset" helps a lot. I am looking forward to it coming back to me in a few months.

miawri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.