Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Frustrating....

I have recently (over the last two weeks) increased my step count from 10000 steps daily to, at least temporarily, 15000 steps daily. This has not been easy; it is hot and humid here. I have continued my diet,checking portion sizes, yet I find that I am still losing the same 1/2 to 2/3 kilos weekly. I had hoped for more.

OK. I understand that fat is becoming muscle, etc. But a wicked voice inside my head asks HOW will I beable to maintain my weight loss when I am NOT walking 15000 steps daily? I can't keep the pace up forever, the time involved is too much for long-term maintenence. I guess that this is a "bridge" I will have to cross when I reach it.....
[When I weighed forty kilos more than today, I could lose a full kilo weekly without exercise. Now that I have lost almost half of my excess weight, I have to be above 10000 steps daily to lose on a 1500 calorie diet. When I lose more, will I have to walk even MORE to continue losing???? Or go below 1500, which is difficult for me....?????]
But of course the main point is to continue eating healthyly, and to keep as active as time allows.....Every half kilo lost is a step in the right direction......

No comments: