Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Experiencing It…(or) The Joy of Sleep

I had noticed that my son was spending way too much time on the computer. The problem is, his yeshiva also did…….he was obviously sleepy in class. So I have embargoed computer for him for a while. Then I decided that fair is fair, and that I am also spending way too much time on the computer on non-critical things. And, even worse, it is taking time away from more important pursuits…. Including a decent night’s sleep.
So yesterday and today I spent much less time on the machine. The result? Enough sleep. I felt entirely different. Suddenly, keeping my diet was not a lost battle. I had time for many activities. And did I miss the interesting news videos? Not really.
I had read often lately how sleep deprivation causes people to gain weight. I understood that sleeping would help me feel better. Today I experienced it.

No comments: