Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I Wish I Had a Magic Wand

I wish I had a magic wand for many things -a cure for illnesses, end of terror, etc. But if not for these big things, I would like a magic wand at least for these:
1) The mother whose child (with Down S) has an IQ of 69 and is refused an aid, because she’s “normal”.
2) The mother whose child with DS is included in a school. The school definitely needs instruction, but haughtily think they don’t. SIGH . Educators rank only under doctors in terms of haughtiness……(I know, that’s a generalization….)
3) The mother whose child desperately needs behavior intervention, but she can’t afford it.
4) The mother who wants to place her child (with DS, what else?) in a local school in a small town, and they are against accepting the child, just because they have no idea of the possibilities.

No comments: