Friday, June 6, 2008

As Easy as a Tuna Fish Sandwich

Last week I read a lovely story in "A Touch of Warmth". A childless couple was to visit an infertility advisor worker for lunch, as he was to explain to them the ins and outs of the newest procedure they were about to undergo. The worker asked: "What do you want me to order you for lunch?"
The man, feeling rather exasperated with years of treatment, replied "I don't want a tuna fish sandwich. I want a baby."
Without skipping a beat, the volunteer said:"You know, G-d can give you a baby as easy as He can give you a tuna fish sandwich."

Now, I don't expect a cure for Down syndrome tomorrow. But there are so many areas of our lives where we need help and solutions, whether it is with finding a good program for our child, getting insurance, finding time for siblings, etc. Etc. I don't know what we will be worthy to receive. But we have to believe, really believe, that it is in HIS power to do so.

No comments: