Friday, October 1, 2010

Exercise and Being Consistent

This morning (Thursday), I went walking for about an hour and a half. Although it was a bit warm, it was good to get out and stretch my legs. Last week on Saturday I also went walking, but 50 minutes was more than enough for me. I felt tired and “out-of-sort”. Now why would that be? I normally enjoy walking…
I suspect highly that the difference between the two early morning walks was due to the days leading up to them. This week I had gotten out and walked every day, including Wednesday, even though it promised to be a busy day in the kitchen. In contrast, I got very little walking in the end of last week. The result, apparently, was the lethargy I felt on Saturday morning.
Exercise, done regularly, should make you feel good and energetic. But keep the habit up. The on-and-off path just isn’t as rewarding.

No comments: