Sunday, May 25, 2008

I was Thrilled

I was thrilled when my son, recently arrived from a few months stay in the US, sat me down last week to practice his English. First, I was happy to see how well his ability to understand the language has improved since his previous return from America half a year ago.
Secondly, he basically was picking my brain for some family history. I am lucky that my parents took the time to record as basic family history. I think that it is an important thing to do, unless, perhaps, you really are verbal about it, and pass it on verbally. I have yet to engage on such a project (who has the time?). So I was extra pleased that my son picked my younger years and my parents’ families as a topic to practice his English with. I had the definite pleasure of feeling that it mattered to him!

No comments: