Friday, September 17, 2010

“Oh, Don’t Lose More, You Look GREAT”

That’s what a good friend of mine told me the other day. The comment came after a long ten minute “HOW did you do it?” talk. I’m not sure WHY she said it; after all, at 110 kilo I am not exactly anorexic! LOL!
But I have to disagree.
And here are three reasons why:
1. As long as my BMI is in the grossly overweight category, or even the moderately overweight category, it would be healthier to keep on losing.
2. As long as climbing up the stairs is slow, even without groceries in hand, I need to lose. And I would like to get to the point that I can go up with a moderate grocery buy without too much effort.
3. I am still very limited in clothing which I can purchase. Not every store has my size. I want to reach a size where if I see something fetching in a store window, that I have a reasonable chance of finding that item in my size.

PS
To all those fasting tonight and tomorrow (Yom Kippur), have an easy fast! And “gmar chatimah tovah”!

4 comments:

mikimi said...

curious, is this friend also overweight? she might have felt threatened by your success in losing weight and stick-to-it-ness in your "program" of walking exercise and eating plans.
I had gastric bypass, lost a considerable amount (but not nearly enough) and after I gained back about 7K,I keep getting even more compliments!

Staying Afloat said...

Gmar chatimah tovah to you too. May the determination you show in weight loss and parenting Ricki be a part of your life always.

G6 said...

I find that people (both overweight AND not...) can be threatened by your success.

It's a pity but I've experienced this phenomenon myself.

Keep up the GREAT work!!

wanderlust said...

Keep up the great work and don't let anyone discourage you for any reason! I understand the battle with weight issues only too well, it's a daily struggle. Stay strong, you can do it!