Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Try this Tuesday

Try This Tuesday

I just wanted to add the following footnote to Trish's idea.
A digital camera is my best friend!(Besides word check spelling.)
Any activity that Ricki does, any outing, any family gathering, gets photographed. Than I can instantly use those pics for :
--Reading (make a booklet, story)
--a writing -sentences prompt
--speech work

I actually once wrote an article on this in Down synrome News and Update (Down's ED) (this article is best for the learning-to-read stage), which can be viewed online here:
http://www.down-syndrome.org/practice/238/

THIS ARTICLE HAS LOTS OF IDEAS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of using the photos to make books.


Really, Amish/Mennonite background? Is it ok for me to ask you... Did she leave the church? I find it all so fascinating.

Anonymous said...

I also love this idea! I've used photos to make schedule cards, but I think we're ready for little books!!! Also, thanks for the link you left on my blog. :)

Trish said...

Thanks for the additional ideas (and sorry it took me so long to pop over here).

I really like the idea of writing prompts, especially as we are moving into school age. So much to learn!