Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Big Wave

   It is currently one of the intermediate days of the Passover holiday. After a month (more or less) of cleaning, and a few days of holiday cooking, families are out enjoying the spring weather. So instead of curling up with a book (my typical chol haMoed treat) I went walking in park of the Yarkon and along the coast (only 2 1/2 hours, from Bnai Brak to Sheraton hotel). I've been looking forward to this walk the entire last month, when I haven't had the free time to do it. On reaching the Mediterranean I saw that it was very wavy, wetting the boardwalk in a few places. That was fun to watch....
   After reaching the ocean, I walked a bit (about a half hour) along the sea-side boardwalk. At one point however, it is usually very crowded (especially on "festive" days, like today. Not wanting to mess up my aerobic step count, I elected to walk the section of the sidewalk closer to the ocean - yes I could see that it was wet, but so what if I happen to catch a big wave? So my feet will get a bit wet??? Well I caught a big wave alright- and got DRENCHED head to foot.! [So drenched that I was still wet when I arrived home an hour later. (I returned by way of public transportation.)]  I also managed to do a bit of "mini exploring" in the public garden next to the Sheraton hotel, finding a lovely view of the ocean. 
[image: view of Mediterranean Ocean]

[image: view of Tel Aviv beachfront and Marina, with Jaffa in the distance.]
From there one can also see Jaffa in the distance:



4 comments:

DGW said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, even if you did get drenched! Hopefully, the air was warm enough for you to avoid getting chilled. Thanks for posting the photos, too! Lovely!

Diane (Panthers)

Risa Tzohar said...

How nice!Last year our family spent a day on the boardwalk in Tel Aviv. Lovely to be there in the spring!

Bev said...

Beautiful photos!

Cindy said...

Sounds like a beautiful walk, soaking and all! The pictures are gorgeous!