Yes, I know I have gone AWOL, not blogging for nearly 2 weeks (and not reading blogs of others, either, for those who are used to my "inciteful" comments…). I am deep in the preparations for the upcoming Passover holiday, and if I have any spare time, I'd rather get out to do some walking. So how am I doing with my resolutions from two weeks ago? (previous post)?
1) I did NOT buy eating chocolate at the supermarket, and not having the luscious swiss chocolate around helps a LOT.
2) In previous years I usually obtained only 4 hours of sleep a night before Passover. This year I am getting 6 hours most nights (and sometimes even more), and never less than 5. Not ideal, but at least an improvement!
3) Most days I am getting my exercise in. Sometimes, like yesterday, it takes a bit of planning. Yesterday I had errands to run:
- To the fish store (2 minutes away)
- To Ricki's old school to give them some study materials I had purchased for her) (10 minutes away, 8 from the fish store)
- To buy some nuts (12 minutes away, 10 from the fish store)
- To the health fund building to give them a paper (because their fax hasn't been working for 5 days already!) (17 minutes from home in a different direction)
- To pay a small debt for my husband (10 minutes away in a third direction).
- To buy morning groceries at the small grocery next door.
NORMALLY I would go to the fish store, the school, the nut store, then a long walk to the health fund, and then way over to pay the debt. And finally, I would stop at the grocery. HOWEVER, that plan would make my initial stretch have no ten-minute aerobic intervals. So instead I rearranged everything. I went to the fish store, then a ten minute jaunt to the nut store, and trailed back the smidgen to the school. Then I went to the health fund, returned to the grocery (having them deliver my stuff), and finally over to pay the debt. This way I got in over an hour's worth of aerobic exercise in without costing me any time! (GRIN)
[image: hand Matzo]
This morning I sat down to figure how many calories "layil Seder" (Seder night, the meal of Matzah and wine eaten on the first night of Passover) will "cost" me:
Hand Matzah - 5 gezaisim (portions)–equal to about 6 machine matzahs (6 X120)= 720
4 kosot ("4 cups", half wine half grape juice , 150 cc each(
Grape j. 300cc X 105 per 100 cc= 315
Semi dry wine 3 X 125 per 100 cc wine= 375 690
1/2 hard-boiled egg (no way I will eat a whole one) 40
Fish , smallish portion 150
lettuce, chrain ( horseradish with beets), BIT mayonnaise
(1t. dabbed on fish)and a pickle 100
NO desert ("afikomen" matzah, included above in matzah is "desert")
And I will NOT feel guilty if I go over my calorie range for the day. ("IF?!?!" Is there a question?) I will enjoy the holiday. (But seeing this will remind me to try and keep the calorie count down earlier that day!)
And for all of you who ARE "making Pesach" (preparing for Passover) (as if any of those have time to read this…), ENJOY!!