Friday, February 3, 2012

"My Plate"

The new nutrician guidlines are out... see HERE/ You will find there available for download and /or printing, the new "my plate" nutrition plate, as well as resources relating to the newer type of nutrition pyramid. Personally, for a full-day's recording and planning I prefer the OLD pyramid, simply because you can divide it up any way. HERE you can find my post on it, including a graphic (right-click it to copy....).
Since orthodox Jews don't mix meat foods with dairy, the new "my plate" is a bit problematic. HOWEVER, THE VISUAL LAYOUT IS NICE, AND ENCOURAGES MORE FRUIT/VEGETABLE CONSUMPTION. So I created a Hebrew version:

as well as one for Milky meals:

4 comments:

mikimi said...

It actually has been out for a while due to Michelle Obama's efforts for healthy children.
Um you wrote a word incorrectly in Hebrew- ראי is mirror,
בריא is healthy.

rickismom said...

Yes, I got the correction from someone else too. Thanks. Corrected...

Batya said...

I'd get fat on that with all the carbs. My plate is very different.

rickismom said...

If it were carbs with no fat,or sugar, probably not....
But as I wrote, I like the old pyramid best.