Monday, July 25, 2011

Some trhings are simply wrong, no matter WHAT side you are on.....

I have been absolutely floored by two things I heard/read today.
The first incident was when I was discussing the politics of peace in Israel with my brother. I mentioned how I find it hard to believe that we will ever have peace here as long as the Arabs educate their children towards hate and violence.My brother said" You know it goes both ways." I was puzzled by this, and I added that Israeli culture is not like that at all. Our songs , for example, extol peace, not war heroes. He mentioned that he saw an interview with "a settler" who said that it is permissible to kill an Arab child since he will grow up to be a terrorist. I quickly assured my brother that this is CERTAINLY not the standard view of settlers, and that the press had managed to quote a rare extremist.
Than later today I read a comment by someone on another blog, which seemingly praised the killer in Norway because he was pro-Israel. I hope that the writer was simply confused.
First I must say that I am POSITIVE that these attitudes are very rare. But the fact that any Jew would talk this way upsets me very much.

Let us be clear. The Jewish nation is called by G-d to be an example to the world of humanity and G-dliness. We must NOT sink to the level of those who murder us with rockets and terror attacks. Some things are WRONG WRONG WRONG no matter whose side you are on. One of these is killing innocent people. And if we happen to know someone who (G-d forbid) wants to take the law into their own hands, to be an extremist, and hurt innocents, we must do all we can to stop it.

No comments: